Taste of Jamaica. Win in our Raffle
April 15, 2017. Fun for the entire family at Thorncliffe Greenview Community Centre, 5600 Centre Street N. Action starts at 12 noon … food, reggae music, dance, kids talent show … lots of fun and excitement for the entire family.
Get your tickets for the Taste of Jamaica raffle. JCAA members and select locations in the city will have tickets. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-775-1235 for more information. Tickets are only $5 and the draw will be at Taste of Jamaica on April 15, 2017.
Taste of Jamaica 2017
Come enjoy a showcase of Jamaican culture … food, music, dance, poetry, language and more….
This festival has been going for more than 20 years as the Jamaican Canadian Association Alberta shares the rich, warm Jamaican culture with Albertans. Entry to the event for all adults includes a sample of real Jamaican cuisine – Jamaican dumplings, jerk chicken, patties and our national dish of ackee and saltfish.
- Nadi Downs
- C Plus
- Nitro Body
- The Joneses
- Ras Bagga
- Ouda Ouda
- Jomar Shepherd
- Arlene Meredith
- Diversity Dance Group
- Sara Taylor
- Infiniti Band
- DJ Dre
Special Kidz Zone with rap sessions with the Police, Fire Dept, JCAA and a financial institution. Plus .. a Kids Talent show. Fun for the entire family
Book the date! Check our Gallery for shots from Taste of Jamaica 2016
Monthly General Meeting - April
Join us for our monthly general meeting. The meeting is open to the public both Jamaicans and anyone who is interested in what our association does.
Meeting is at 7:00 p.m. at the Winston Heights Community Centre, 520 27th Avenue NE, Calgary.
This meeting will focus on
- Report on Taste of Jamaica
- Summer events
- New programs
We look forward to having you at our meeting.
Get to Know Us
The Jamaican Canadian Association Alberta (JCAA) was formed in 1980 out of a need to share the Jamaican culture with the wider Calgary community. In November 1982 the association was registered as an incorporated non-profit organization under the Alberta Societies Act.
Since its inception, the JCAA initiated and/or supported several community events within and outside of the City of Calgary. We have also supported numerous activities and initiative in Jamaica. The JCAA has been an integral part of the Caribbean Community Council (CCC) the hosts of the annual Carifest and most recently the Caribbean Heritage Sports Council (CHSC) sports day. We have also been involved in supporting other major cultural festivals including Globalfest and Reggaefest. We see ourselves as an important part of the diversity fabric in our city.
Learn more about our organization by reading more about our rules, plans and recent achievements:
There are four (4) types of membership options available with the JCAA – Family, Individual, Student and Senior. Membership is renewable on an annual basis. Membership fees are:
Benefits to being a member of JCAA
- Social events
- Member discounts
- Business opportunities
Apply By Mail
Print the JCAA Application Form and mail to:
Jamaican Canadian Association Alberta
P.O. Box 22264
Calgary, AB, T2P 4K1
Or Apply Online
- Please complete the all required fields.
- Click below to pay online or mail payment (cheque or money order only)
- Payment should be made to Jamaican Canadian Association Alberta.
- Once approved, your membership card (s) will be mailed to you.
- To provide social interaction among members and facilitate desirable relations with the community at large
- To advocate and represent our Jamaican community on public matters which affect their welfare, integration and development
- To respond to diverse social needs
- To provide leadership and opportunities to enhance the economic and cultural integration within the Canadian society
- To provide social interaction among our members and the community through hosting and participating in various sporting events